A new horizon?

I've been writing on the web for 20 years but have never really found a niche; I've tried to write about photography, about writing and about 'stuff' but I've never gained any traction, and to be honest I've never really put my hear into any of my blogs.

I've found that trying to force myself into a niche is a bit like trying to get a Republican and Democrat agree on.... well on anything. It's seemingly impossible! I've come to the conclusion that I should simply forget about trying to force a niche and simply write - boldly go where no SimeyC has gone before!

So I've created another new blog 'A gray bit of the moon' - it'll be a place where I'll moan, rant and complain - but hopefully I can add a little bit of my quirky humor into the mix. Think about a cross between Terry Pratchet, Douglas Adams and Eoin Colfer - but with a hell of a lot less talent - and you'll probably find me!

So there it is - my first post - there's a smattering of humor, but nothing much else - and guess what - that's the way I like it.

Going forward I'll concentrate on providing inane commentary on just about anything and everything - there'll be some serious posts, some funny posts and perhaps one or two profound posts......

Comments

  1. Simon - may I be the first to visit you in your new "home". I wish you the best and look forward to reading more of your random collection of, as George Carlin once put it, "brain droppings."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Collusion

Stranger Things - stringing it all together.